PDA

View Full Version : Area light glow

tonare
04-17-2006, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get a glow to come off a tube area light and nothings working for me. I even tried adding a material with glow, and no go.

Has anyone figured something out for this besides post work?

tia

Per-Anders
04-17-2006, 06:01 AM
just turn on the visible light to visible or volumetric... this only works on the "line" type area light, omnis and spots by the way.

tonare
04-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Sorry I worded that wrong. I mean an area light with the area shape set to a cylinder.
I have the show in render. It's there but no matter what I've tried so far, I cant get a glow to come off it. It might not be possible but I wanted to see if anyone else might have a solution before I started pounding my head into the wall.:)

Per-Anders
04-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Then no, you wont be able to without using the videopost glow or another post system. Why not just use the line shape use it's visibility using the inner and outer controls, or a circular parallel spotlight?

tonare
04-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Then no, you wont be able to without using the videopost glow or another post system. Why not just use the line shape use it's visibility using the inner and outer controls, or a circular parallel spotlight?

Thats a great idea, thank you.

I had my mind so fucused on trying to get that area light to do the glow that I wasnt thinking outside the lines on this.:)

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2006, 06:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.