PDA

View Full Version : Very strange FrameRate Problem!

pigbelly
04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi
I have a realy strange problem with my framerate!!!

the test scene is a rig with a couple of keys on the hips.
When I play the animation in 25fps I get around 15-17 fps!
If I play it in "playAllFrames" I get around 45fps!
If I play in "twice" I get around 30fps..

Now if I get 45fps in "playAllFrames" mode I should get 25fps in the 25fps mode!?

Please if anyone knows anything that might helpt I'm will be the happiest guy on earth!

Cheers
/Tommie
www.pigbelly.com (http://www.pigbelly.com)

sturmkim
04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
if you want to see correct frame rate, Use 'playblaster'.

RMB on time slider|playblaster(use fcheck)

pigbelly
04-17-2006, 12:13 PM
yes I understand that, but I want 25fps when I animate so that I dont have to playblast all the time :-)
I mean if i get 45fps in "playAllframes" mode I should get "fullFrame" palyback in 25fps mode.

What would be great is if you and/or anyone reading this would make a test on your system and see if you get the same strange problem...

Cheers
/Tommie

lkruel
04-17-2006, 02:47 PM
that's why you hire a good TD that can build a rig light enough to play in real time.

I did a test in my system and depending on the shot Play all frames was faster or slower than 25fps. So I really think it depends on the complexity of the rigs and the shot. Playblasting is always the best way to check your animation, because even if you're playing at "real speed" you're still flickering between 20-30 fps.

You might have some weird expression on the rig that might be faster to play every frame then to play at 25.

pigbelly
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Ok let me clarify things
I'm very clear on the fact that Fcheck(or other players) is the best way see animation.

My problem is that I have 45fps in "playAllFrames" mode and only 15-17fps in "25fps" mode
And you must agree that its strange...?
I maybe dumb but I rather animate in 25fps than 15fps!:-)

So the test is not really to find out the best way to see 25fps, the test it to see if more people besides me have better fps in "playAllFrames" mode than in 25(or30)fps mode.

Yes a private TD would be nice, every one should have one in the closet.
BUT the rig that I tested with works fine on other computers.
I'm sitting on a AMD 4700 dualcore and a Quadra 3450 graphics card, so I would hope to get more than 15-17fps Especially when my friend gets almost 25 on his old laptop:-)

cheers
/Tommie

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.