PDA

View Full Version : RIgging a tongue

S E D A H
12-31-2002, 03:21 PM
L rig a tongue in maya with IKspline a put a skeleton a ikspline and l animate the tongue with the offset on the ikspline............but if l turn the head the tongue twist to rest in rotation Y she dont still in the same position.............if anyone know the prob l can ship you my rig of tongue
THx

tuna
01-03-2003, 02:53 PM
have you tried using blendshapes to animate the tongue? that way you might be able to simplify things somewhat by just linking it to the head bone and making blendshapes for the sounds "L" "th" etc etc might be easier than working it all out whylst actually doing the speaking etc.

S E D A H
01-03-2003, 03:00 PM
My techniques l swear is much better than blendshapes but l got that little **** and this tongue will be perfect

sp0rk3d
01-10-2003, 12:09 PM
if you are using spline ik then you have a curve controling the ik and if it isn't following your character at all then the tounge will never move.... what i ussually do is create clusters to control the curve and parent the clusters to the skeleton, usuallay you will want to make RELATIVE clusters when you parent them to the skel... then to animate you just move the clusters.... or make controlers to move them.. hope that helps.... ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.