PDA

View Full Version : reflection blur vs glossy DGS

royter
04-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know how to acheieve with the dgs diffuse node, results similar to reflection blur applied to maya native shaders?

the last one is very easy to use and you have the control on the refllected rays wich fade away with distance, it doesn't seem that the dgs can do the same, correct me if i am wrong?

Glossy just controls the transparancy of the ugly blured rays.
shiny just determines the degre of bluriness.
nothing is related to distance like the options in the original reflecion blur.

LehaS
04-16-2006, 07:07 AM
yeah DGS doesnt have this option....if want to use Maya built-in tool then try mib_glossy_reflection utility....or make a search on this boards for "ctrl_shading" which allows you to set attenuation...

Cheers

lazzhar
04-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Wondering why bother using DGS and complicated stuff while it's easy to get nice and fast results with Maya Shaders unless you are debugging some troubles in your rendering or you are laying down some advanceed networks for special reseasons.

royter
04-16-2006, 10:35 PM
well you are right maya reflec blur works very well but it is slow and FG samples each point....i don't need that. Besides it's much faster with dgs glosiness...

LehaS
04-17-2006, 05:38 AM
use ctrl_shading to sample at low sample rate in FG precalculation phase and at specified sampling rate in FG render phase :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2006, 05:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.