PDA

View Full Version : looping an effect

sketchbook
04-14-2006, 10:13 PM
so i have an effect applied to a layer and i would like it to look, so i don't have to change the evolution every 10 seconds. how to accomplish this? there's a cycle checkbox which does not seam to do anything.

thanks

beenyweenies
04-15-2006, 04:34 PM
so i have an effect applied to a layer and i would like it to look, so i don't have to change the evolution every 10 seconds. how to accomplish this? there's a cycle checkbox which does not seam to do anything.

thanks

You shouldn't need to change the evolution more than once. just put the evolution keyframe at the end of your timeline.

Cycle Evolution creates a cycle of evolution that loops over the set amount of time. It forces the evolution state to return to its starting point, creating a smooth progressive cycle, a nonrepeating cycle, or a loop segment.
Cycle (in Revolutions) specifies the number of revolutions that the fractal noise cycles through before it repeats. The speed of these Evolution cycles is determined by the amount of time between Evolution keyframes. This option affects only the evolution of the fractal, not Transform or other controls. For example, if you view two identical states of a fractal with different Size or Offset settings, they do not appear the same.
Random Seed sets a unique random value from which to generate the noise. Animating the Random Seed results in flashing from one set of fractal shapes to another (within that fractal type). For smooth transition of the fractal shapes use the Evolution option.
To ensure that a cycle completes full revolutions, choose a Cycle value that either matches or is evenly divisible by the number of revolutions set for Evolution.

Cycle is available only when Cycle Evolution is selected.

suztv
04-17-2006, 01:31 PM
You need to create a loopOut expression in your composition. Select the layer on your timeline that you need the repetition to happen to. Select the modifier/effect that you want to loop and make sure that you have the keys in the position that you need them (i.e. 10 sec gap). On the menu select "Animation" and then "Add Expression" - then type loopOut("cycle",0). This will loop out the animation you have applied to the modifier (or effect) for the remainder of your timeline. I have attached a JPG and here is a link to another forum in regard to that expression.

http://forums.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/right_read_post_frame.cgi?forumid=216&postid=38&univpostid=33

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2006, 01:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.