PDA

View Full Version : Yet another animation question...

dragoon38900
04-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Hello, heres yet another animation question that Im sure some of you are tired of hearing...

Currently, I am using adobe photoshop+ImageReady and compositing them in Adobe Premiere Pro. I was wondering if its worth the trouble to get adobe after effects, as I always always see people talking about after effects and such (I got Premiere for FREE from a good friend of mine). Is it better/easier than Premiere Pro in terms of 2d animations that using cell shading? Or should I just stick with Premiere (its quite tiring for me -_-)?

Also, is using Photoshop+ImageReady a good way for doing animations? Or is there a better suggested way? I was just curious, because doing it the way im doing it is very tiresome... or I guess thats how it really is for everyone.

And finally, I used to know this nice way to "save" vector paths, and reuse them in different layers (which is really cool since you can move the paths any way you want, making the process more faster), but now I forgot how to do that. When I save the vector path, it sticks to the layer it was in. Before, I was able to take that path and use it in new layers. Im trying to remember what exactly I did before...anyone familiar with this technique? (Oh yea, I did this in Photoshop 7 and 8)

Btw, I dont take any classes in animations, so I dont have anyone to ask for advice. Im making an animation with an amatuer group. If you want to see some of our work, then wait a few months till we finish it... our website is still not yet up and running with all our concepts and such.

SirRon
04-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I'd say that After Effects gives you more .... effects than Premire. :) Get the trial if you haven't already. They're both similar but I think Premire is more streamlined for editing.

Personally I like using Flash to do traditional animation. Like what I did here (http://sirron.skunkops.net/files/Animations/Ronan_2Dfun.swf). How are you using Photoshop, Imageready, and Premire to do animations? I suppose I'd have to wait til you get your website up to see some samples :)

Sorry I can't really answer your question about vector paths. Anyways, good luck with the project :)

dragoon38900
04-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Personally I like using Flash to do traditional animation. Like what I did here (http://sirron.skunkops.net/files/Animations/Ronan_2Dfun.swf). How are you using Photoshop, Imageready, and Premire to do animations? I suppose I'd have to wait til you get your website up to see some samples :)

Yes, I considered flash at one point, but I didnt want to base it off of vectors.

Right now, my system cannot handle Premiere (I have a post in the technical section talking about upgrading my pc). That's why whenever I start something, it loads so much and it becomes very discouraging. Ill definitly post up my work when I get a more comfortable pc.
As for our website, my friend is "supposedly" in charge of that... he's so lazy though. We couldnt get things done over the past month since we had other stuff to worry about as well. We will probably start doing massive work in the summer (its spring now), which is when Im going to get my new pc.

As for doing animations on photoshop, imageready, and Premiere... I just do it layer by layer on photoshop, transfer to imageready to see it in action, then upload it to premiere.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2006, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.