PDA

View Full Version : SSS and Turtle

mech7
04-13-2006, 04:03 PM
I was trying this little tutorial from the site:
http://www.illuminatelabs.com/support/tutorial-folder/subsurface-scattering/

But how can I assign the shader to the object? If i put ilrBssrdfShader in the hypershade and drop it on the planet i loose the other material... So I will probably need to connect it somehow but how? :shrug:

The site does not offer much help it only says: Start by assigning the ilrBssrdf shaders to the objects, the s_planet shadernode to the polyobject p_planet and s_ring to p_ring. Then choose the Material Preset ketchup on both the ilrBssrdf shadernodes.

AndrewRaZ
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
i'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but the Turtle shaders are integrated into Maya better than Mental Ray, so you don't have to run them through another shader or anything like that. just drop it on the object, and you're good to go.

maybe you culd clarify your question a bit?

mech7
04-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Well the planet has a texture on it.. if i drop the shader on the planet it will render out gray :surprised Because it replaced the shader with the planet texture..

wigal
04-13-2006, 08:39 PM
havent used turtle for a while.... but i suppose there should be some kind of color, unscattered color (or similar) where you can plug youre planet texture in....

mech7
04-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Yes there is a color.. but the tutorial says i can just assign it to the planet and i would be ready to go :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2006, 08:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.