PDA

View Full Version : Problems with RigTools v1.0 from CGtoolkit

AP
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
I'm trying to use the RigTools MEL to set up my character's arms and legs, but I'm running into problems.

For the arms, I have the correct naming conventions and the two NURBS curves. After running the setup, the FK control curve snaps to the wrist, but it doesn't control anything, and the IK control curve doesn't move or do anything at all. Also, sometimes the IK handle that the setup creates snaps at the Forearm joint instead of the Wrist joint.

For the legs, I don't use a locator named leftKneePoleVector, like the video says, but when I run the setup, my Foot Control curve is rotated 90 degrees in -Y, and the pivot of the curve, which was originally at the Ankle, is moved off to the side. The custom Foot attributes work as well as the IK/FK switch, it's just the FootControl object that gets rotated to the side.

Also, when I try to run the cgTkSetupHead script, I get a message saying "Cannot find procedure" when I have it in my scripts folder.

Hope this is clear enough.

Thanks,

Adam

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 03:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.