PDA

View Full Version : defaultRenderGlobals locked

seraphimpunk
04-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Hey, wondering if anyone can help me.
I was working on some test renders, and things were going ok.
two hours later, setting up another scene I went to render,
as i tried to change the Frame/Animation Ext choice from the default "name.ext [single frame]" to "name.#.ext", i got an error:

// Error: The attribute 'defaultRenderGlobals.animation' is locked or connected and cannot be modified. //

I've tried closing and re-opening maya.
Going back to the scene i had already rendered out ok, i found i had the same problem if i tried to change it there too.

I opened a new scene and i can make the change to name.#.ext there, but i'd like to fix/repair the problem that causes this so i dont' have to lose any more work.

Any advice?

djx
04-13-2006, 01:28 PM
Ah ha! I thought it was just me. Yes, this anoying bug infected some of my scene files too. I have never been able to track down exactly what causes it - but I think it has something to do with some obsolete global variables that may be in a scene created prior to maya 7.

Anyway the fix is to exit maya completely. Start maya again. Verify that your render settings attributes are not locked. Import the problem scene. (Thats import, rather than open). Check that the attributes are still unlocked.

smallone3d
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks for that nice bit of info, it worked for me too.

cesar

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.