PDA

View Full Version : rendering larger size but same image

Trentity
04-13-2006, 03:03 AM
So i've got a question thats plagued me for a bit...

Lets say i'm rendering at 720x540, and i want to render extra pixels on the border image so that my render resolution becomes 740x560, however the same 720x540 image is contained within the larger size. There's a couple things this is good for, say camera shake in post, or what I'm doing: blurring an image without the edges of the frame becoming soft.

Thanks a billion!!!

Aikiman
04-13-2006, 03:27 AM
Why dont you increase your resolution gate to the size you want?

Trentity
04-13-2006, 10:50 PM
but wouldn't that just render the same image only bigger? I need to render the same size image....just more of it, here's and example of what i need. Notice how the bottome image is the same as the top, only with extra pixels on the borders.

Emil3d
04-14-2006, 05:37 AM
Iíve never done this but just applying common sense:

Divide the desired size of each side by the current size. From the two results use the larger number and divide with it the current focal length value of your camera. Use the result for your new focal length, which should zoom out your scene to fit in the new dimensions proportionally.

floze
04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Increase your resolution and apply a smaller pre or post-scale to your camera.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2006, 09:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.