PDA

View Full Version : Max hair and dynamics

TiskO
04-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Hey, ive been on this for nearly an entire day and its now killing me. Im trying to work out how i can animate a ball rolling on grass, using max hair (max8), so that the grass flattens as it collides with the mesh. Ive tried using the "live" and "pecomputed" dynamics but as the ball makes contact, all the grass in the scene just collapses. Ive tried it with gravity on/off but still no success. Ive set in the collisions the ball as "polygon".

Am i doing something wrong? Id greatly appreciate some help on this. Thanks heaps!

TiskO
04-14-2006, 04:23 AM
Isnt anybody going to at least suggest something? Ive started to notice this on many threads that start here and in the modelling section. People read but very little replies. whats going on?

psyclown02
04-18-2006, 07:04 AM
What you COULD do is make them both one object... then animate the ball inside the object and set the plane with grass as the hair... and then set colosions to polygon... idk just a guess prolly wont work.

gdimmrt
04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
try to give the grass some stiffness, .7 maybe, and some damping, .2 perhaps. That will stop it from collapsing all at once. Any use precompute, not live. You can set the ball's collision object as sphere since that will make it go faster.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.