PDA

View Full Version : Which tablet?

Kutkin
04-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I am looking for a tablet, which suits my needs.

Generally painting in Photoshop...

What tablet is better price/quality?

I have not a lot of skills in painting, so I don't need some expensive pro tablet.

I am thinking about Wacom Graphire, but I have heard something about Genius tablets and so on.
What are your personal experiences?

Thanks

JJASSO
04-12-2006, 11:45 PM
in my experience I've always worked with wacom tablets, saphire or intous 2, actually intous 2 is the one I use by now, genius are cheaper but they don't have the presition and tools that a wacom has,
wacom will always be the choice, as far as I know , all proffesional matte painters use one of this.

Kutkin
04-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks
I will most likely buy the Graphire one as I know people using it.
Thanks for the info.
Cheers

LightSovereign
04-13-2006, 08:45 AM
I use a graphire 4, they are very good. However at time of purchase, which was 6 months back, the intuos 2 was similar in price (the model was out of stock so went with the graphire and i was on the move so couldn't wait). I'd suspect the latter to be technically better as the graphire is very basic. Still, the graphire handles my needs with ease ^^. I just paint

Marley

DarkstaR1st
04-14-2006, 12:20 PM
If you're buying the Graphire then please get the XL version. I had a grphire before and it didn't take long to buy myself an intuos2 A4. You won't regret getting a reasonable sized tablet. For me it was A4 that suited me best. Definitly not get the A6. You'll regret it.

Now i even have an Intuos3 A4 at work. Though i don't like the side buttons and slidebars on the tablet, the pen is killer!!! Best pen they have, i reckon, is the one with the Intuos 3.

To bad u can't use these pens with older version tablet :(.

Hope it helps.

Dennis

TCSFunk
04-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Just bought a Intuos 3 6x11 Wide Screen, its really nice. Feels much better then the Intuos 2 I use at work.

Kutkin
04-19-2006, 04:42 AM
Thanks, I'm going to purchase Graphire4 A5
Looks like the best choice for me. And it's not expensive.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2006, 04:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.