PDA

View Full Version : Life in the Sky

MystAvalon
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi,
I'm still trying to learn all the basics on matte painting, so this is one of the first I've done. I used two main photos (one for part of the sky and one for the landscape), added the building and boat, and added more hues and shading with Photoshop. Please go to my portfolio to see a larger and better resolution.Any comments would be great, thanks!
Kelly

I put the pic up in my gallery, and also at: http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3950/sky7ie1.jpg

Thank you

DarkstaR1st
04-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Well... i don't know if and which photoshop you are using. But, if you can "safe for web", use that. There you can tweak the quality settings and filesize.

You can definitly make much larger image under 97k then this.

hightillidie
04-14-2006, 03:59 PM
One link...

www.imageshack.us

That thumbnail reminds me of the 90s and the 28 kbps modems.

JJASSO
04-14-2006, 06:28 PM
MystAvalonit would be great if we can see a larger image, it looks nice so far but we can't give any comment if we can't see the details

MystAvalon
04-14-2006, 08:02 PM
MystAvalonit would be great if we can see a larger image, it looks nice so far but we can't give any comment if we can't see the details

Thank you, and you're right. I tried saving it "safe for web" but it only gave me a choice of saving it as a gif, so I'm going to try again and see if I can get it right.
Thank you,
Kelly

MystAvalon
04-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Well... i don't know if and which photoshop you are using. But, if you can "safe for web", use that. There you can tweak the quality settings and filesize.

You can definitly make much larger image under 97k then this.

Hi and thank you. I did try the safe for web but it only gave me choice of saving it as a gif, so I'll try again as soon as I get a chance to do so.
Thank you,
Kelly

DarkstaR1st
04-14-2006, 08:49 PM
on the rightside you have a pulldown for gif, jpg, and 8bitPNG and 24bitPNG...
Use the JPG version

MystAvalon
04-14-2006, 10:52 PM
One link...

www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us/)

That thumbnail reminds me of the 90s and the 28 kbps modems.

Thank you, I just went over there and put it up.

MystAvalon
04-14-2006, 10:55 PM
on the rightside you have a pulldown for gif, jpg, and 8bitPNG and 24bitPNG...
Use the JPG version

Hi,
For the moment, I put the pic up at http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/3950/sky7ie1.jpg, but I'm also going to try again on the safe for web. Thank you for your help.
Kelly

JIII
04-16-2006, 02:00 PM
Transitions transitions transitions, you can really see the border where you have painted in that building, work on that :-). Also, really think about the color palette you have been using for your work, it looks kinda neat, but it's a bit too strong in alot of areas. For instance, pink and green are rarely seen on this forum, or really, anywhere, in large amounts, together.

-J3

MystAvalon
04-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi J3,

Thank you again for helpful info. This was my first attempt and I have so much to learn! Thank you,
Kelly

JJASSO
04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
MystAvalon thanks for the larger image, well first of all, integration is no good, for instance the house is so with and it is inside a sunset enviroment where the sunset does not match de mountains or the sky
your mountains have a strong orange yellow tint of the direct sun light ,and the sky is violet pink , not matching the sun of the mountains at all. try changing the sky or tinting the mountains to match the colors of the sky
also the house needs shodow side and higlight ( also be tinted in sky colors ) take care with the house integration that black below it looks really off

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2006, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.