PDA

View Full Version : Tranquility

MystAvalon
04-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I initially started to paint a beach scene, but once I began blending the colors and adding the trees, I thought I'd leave it as a tranquil walk to the beach. This was designed for a greeting card company. I submitted it to the gallery, but it was rejected and they said to put it in here, so I'm assuming they think it needs something more? I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any. Thank you,

Kelly

ThePhotographer
04-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Did you use Painter nozzles for it ? It looks a bit like that and that might be a reason why it was rejected. Nothing wrong with nozzles though - you can even create your own.

Your image is very small or did I miss something ?

Edit :

OK, I saw it bigger in your portfolio. I think those are Bryce trees ? I don't think that is very welcome here ....

MystAvalon
04-12-2006, 10:35 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the posting. Yes, I used the hoses in Painter for the trees (not Bryce), but why are they not welcome in here? I'm new here, so I'm not sure how it all works. The reason the pic is so small in here is because I tried to upload a normal size pic and it was rejected, saying the max. size had to be under 97kb. I had to keep shrinking it down until it would be accepted. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
Kelly

ThePhotographer
04-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Well, I think because they are kind of "pre-fab" and unless very well integrated and perhaps even retouched and altered a lot, they are very recognizable. All kind of prefabricated stuff as standard Poser and Bryce stuff as well as also too recognizable filters like some of the standard filters in PhotoShop are frowned upon. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know what you did wrong when uploading. Maybe you could just insert the link to your portfolio image ?

MystAvalon
04-13-2006, 12:16 AM
Hm, I didn't know those were frowned upon. Thank you for letting me know. I've posted only two images in these forums so far, so I'll keep looking to see where I'm doing it wrong. In the meantime, as you suggested, the direct link to that particular pic is at:

http://mystavalon.cgsociety.org/gallery/343016/

Thank you for your help,
Kelly (http://mystavalon.cgsociety.org/gallery/343016/)

jmBoekestein
04-13-2006, 01:28 AM
Hmm, the trees look interesting imo. :) If you want to you can also use free imagehosts or get some webspace. There is a thread to help you post images here :) learn to post images (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=267104) I use imageshack.us personally. But apparently sometimes the images don't load from there.

well back to your image, you could try adding some hints of perspective/depth to the ground. Like add some rubbish on the ground, leaves, grass and make them fade into the distance. And I'dd make the ground a lot darker in place where the trees are personally. Nice work on the tree leaves. :)

MystAvalon
04-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Thank you for all of your information and comments. The trees are a hose from Painter, not personally painted by me. The next thing on my list of things to do is start a new painting, this time working on trees I paint myself. Thank you,
Kelly

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 04:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.