PDA

View Full Version : Caveman - Need some critique

SebastianK
04-12-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi there, my first topic here where I actually post something I've made myself. :)

I'm painting a caveman, and I would like to have some critique on my first painting that I have tried to make OK-looking.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3204/test3tz.jpg

Thanks,
SebastianK.

Naisart
04-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi, good job for your first painting!
Some things to think about.

The skin has many differant colours and right now youīve only used brown which makes him look like he has taken a bath in mud :)

You should also check the anatomy. If you arenīt sure about something, use reference. The image search in google for example.

Are you adding a background?
Right now I canīt tell that this is a caveman just by looking at him, as you have given no hints , but iīm sure you are going to add stuff like accessories, facial and body hair etc.

Keep working on it and iīm sure it will turn out great.

ThePhotographer
04-12-2006, 10:20 PM
As Mumphy said : we need something around him to make us believe that he's a caveman.

Mumphy - do you see that color as brown ? I see it as green .... Time to get my eyes checked or to do a monitor calibration perhaps !!!

Naisart
04-12-2006, 11:12 PM
ThePhotographer: Haha, yeah, looks brown on my screen, but now that you mention it, maybe with a tint of green. Maybe itīs my laptop that is messed up, well just have to wait and see what SebastianK says :)

secretasianman
04-13-2006, 03:22 AM
cavemen are cromagnon. they have a short brow and wide aspects. they are short and stooped.

unlike humans now they have flatter faces and features. their head isnt as high and needs to be brought down. can't look at it as drawing a regular human as a regular oval shape.

head flattens off and shortens down.

jaw structure is different to.

more apelike.

got ta figure out clotes and what he would be holding. hair too.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 03:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.