PDA

View Full Version : Vray irradiance map problem,Please help

kworld
04-12-2006, 04:08 PM
hi everyone
I am new to vray render(i used to use final render),I am working on an architecture project for some days,during the modeling i used the very low settings for the irradiance map till i have gotten the right lighting for the main model and it used to render 2-passes only,when i started the detailing it jumped up to 5-passes in very low and 4-passes in low sitting and it takes 5 hours to render 20% of the first pass in low sittings is that normal????
PLESE HELP ME ,the time is runnig and i don't know what to do
I have vray 1.47 and an intel p4 3ghz processor

Myliobatidae
04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey,
Do you know you can save your Irr. Map and reuse them ??
You can also save your secondary bounce if you are using light cache...
Also are you usin "interpolate" on any of your materials, that will require extra passes...

MarkusB
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
hi everyone
I am new to vray render(i used to use final render),I am working on an architecture project for some days,during the modeling i used the very low settings for the irradiance map till i have gotten the right lighting for the main model and it used to render 2-passes only,when i started the detailing it jumped up to 5-passes in very low and 4-passes in low sitting and it takes 5 hours to render 20% of the first pass in low sittings is that normal????
PLESE HELP ME ,the time is runnig and i don't know what to do
I have vray 1.47 and an intel p4 3ghz processor

do you used any vray materials with glossy effects and checked USE INTERPOLATION? That might increase the passes because default is 0 / 3 in the material. But those are just reflect/refration passes which shouldnt increase the rendering time that much

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 09:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.