PDA

View Full Version : constraints and dynamic action!! garland and bangles in motion!!

sunanima
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
SOFTWARE: MAYA

Could you please provide me with some guidance on these
How to keep the bangles in wrist so that they do not go into the skin and also the bangles can react with each other as dynamic objects: slide down when hand is lifted up and slide down again when hand is left loose downwards? What constraint should I assign to the bangles?

How to keep the necklace or long neck garland around the neck without going into skin and the necklace is also being animated like real life necklace or long garland: when the character is running etc the necklace/garland is behaving like a real life garland around the neck?
So which constraint should I assign to the garland and how to make it a dynamic body to react with the character’s chest??

Hope I am making some sense in my above query?

Cheers

Sun

darkjedi1929
04-13-2006, 04:44 AM
1. Parent each bangle to a locator, then catch all the locators and group 'em. Now, simply parent constraint this group to the wrist joint. All this should be done at bind pose. It is better if you animate the bangles by hand.

2. At bind pose, make sure that your garland does not intersect the model. Now, draw a joint chain around the garland, give it spline IK, and make the curve dynamic (Hair curve). This will give you an auto simulation with not much control. If you want animator control on the garland, put a cluster for each CV you have, and parent each cluster to a locator (or any control object). This will give you complete animation control.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 04:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.