PDA

View Full Version : Exterior Lighting for Architecture

SjaakHaas
04-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi There,

I'm new at this forum but a very enthousiastic C4D user. I like the program so far but there is one thing i'd like to know about lighting on wich i'm struggling for som time (proper english?)

I'm trying to figure out what the best way is to use lighting for exteriors and architecture. I'm using Advance Render and at this moment im using one Omni light with shadow and 3 arrays of lights wich light the top, mid, and lower section of a building.

But is this the right way to light a exterior? Cus i'm getting poor and unrealistic results... please help :)

SjaakHaas
04-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Nobody at all?
Or is everyone keeping the secret for themselves? :P

acmepixel
04-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Hello Sjaak,

Welcome to the forum.

First, your english is excellent. (I'm still learning and it's my native tongue).

Second, you have posted a query in the Resources area intended for posting links and tips.

Go the the main forum area here:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=47
and start a New Thread. You will get much better response.

Also, do a search in the main forum, select the Advanced Search feature and select Sub-Forums to be included in the search. Try keywords such as Exterior Lighting, Outdoor lighting, etc.

Also look into this thread;
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=273305
it has some useful info on exterior as well as interior lighting with the AR module.

Also, look for posts by Aurety, he's the French C4D forum expert on Architectural and Exteriors, Landscapes, etc. He has posted many useful tutorials and examples scenes. He graces this forum with his presence on a regular basis.

SjaakHaas
04-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for your reply!

I'll consider your tips, and i'll shurely take a look at Aurety's work!

monicamuresanu
04-16-2006, 04:43 PM
hi, i finnaly found someone with the same struggles as me. I am trying for some time now to improve my light problem in architecture rendering, if anybody can help I would be more than happy.
thanx :)

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2006, 04:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.