PDA

View Full Version : Scene Lighting

TJKrumm
04-12-2006, 08:33 AM
First attempt at lighting this scene... It was rendered in a few passes and composited in shake... namely a direct light pass, photon pass, color pass, reflection pass, spec pass and a seperate Subsurface Scattering Pass for the candles (although you might be able to tell)... Any critiques and suggestions are more than welcome... Thanks for the info...

tjkrumm

Rens
04-12-2006, 07:05 PM
It seems way too dark. If you make the light from the candles brighter and warmer it will look much beter IMO.

TJKrumm
04-13-2006, 01:14 AM
I see what you mean, but it doesn't look that dark in shake when I fileOut the image... do you know if there's something that happens to the image once it's posted that might cause that? Side by Side the one posted here is a lot darker and less contrasting

Rens
04-13-2006, 02:14 AM
It might be there is some gamma or brightness setting in the program. I doubt it would happen somewhere between uploading your image and then viewing it here.
Is the final JPEG also as dark as you see here?

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 02:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.