PDA

View Full Version : Testing stuff (nudity) - need crits

niva
04-12-2006, 06:04 AM
Hello folks,
I finally broke down and bought a tablet to play with some color. It is amazingly quick... I wasted approximately 4 hours on this but I know if I had to do it again it shouldn't take more then 30 mins.

http://e7.shanky.com/images/New_Pinup.jpg

Anyways, I'm going to play with it and improve it some more. The face in particular is turning out very good and is the only thing somewhat close to being finished. Detail below:

http://e7.shanky.com/images/face.jpg

The original was apencil sketch I made a couple of months ago. The sketch is superimposed into the current image, it looks better this way to me for some reason...

Kng_Shango
04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
maybe a light-source would be good, it'd give the drawing more contrast and more plasticity. cuz the drawing atm looks really flat. take a look at the neck/head part, it looks like the chin is on the same layer as the neck, the light source would separate those two bodyparts much more. short: the picture needs more shadows. i hope that helps :)

GSmiley
04-12-2006, 04:00 PM
I agree that some other light source would help break up different shapes and make the hair shine more. Also, you could extend the hair a little longer to cover up the white edge at the bottom of the hair. You look like you got comfortable with that tablet pretty quick, though!

niva
04-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Yes, this is not finished at all, actually I was testing the skin tones and layering colors on top of each other, it's amazing what kinds of colors I used on that face...

Anyways, the comment on the shadows is well taken, I'll make sure to up the contrast but besides the face very little work was done on the rest of the body.

I'm planning on extending her hair quite a bit, it will be much longer then the original image.

Any huge anatomy errors? Like boobs on the wrong side of the body, etc.? :)

secretasianman
04-13-2006, 03:11 AM
not sure how to crit this one.

her features are long wich isn't so bad, just ot me around the stomach, besides that she has some really muscular abs. besides that something to me about the stomach isn't right. that or am really tired.

the proportions on the face is a little off. parts of her face are to samll for her face. her head is to elongigated.

i am going to think about it for a little and probably try and see what i am missing.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2006, 03:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.