PDA

View Full Version : Painting multiple texture maps in zBrush (@ Film Rez)

SajNT
04-12-2006, 03:14 AM
Hello people,
I've read about and have tried it out, that zbrush can only display one texture map at a time. I've laid out my UVs in maya into 4 regions, and when painting in zbrush,was amazingly puzzled why the images were projecting onto the other regions when its suppose to be on one.

The answers became clear when I visited the FAQ forums in zBrushCentral. I know one of the workarounds is to isolate the different polyGroups in zBrush one at a time,so I can paint the textures individually.But that can be a hinder if say an artist needs to have an overall "feel" of the character with its respective textures mapped on. He will never be able to see it as an overall textured version of it in zBrush, unless all the UVs are laid out into ONE single region.

So my question is, in bigger productions, like films, UVs of a character are normally sliced and laid out to as much as 10 different region at times. Is there a workflow companies have utilised to workaround this? Like doing their displacements in zBrush,BUT painting the textures/diffuse/bump in other 3D paint package like BodyPaint/Studio Paint etc?

thanks heaps people for any advise/comments you can give :arteest:

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 03:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.