PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recognise this error-message in Maya after importing from Zbrush?

Haider of Sweden
04-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Hello there!

Does anyone recognise this error-message?

Your OBJ file contains faces shared by multiple groups.
Maya cannot create multiple objects for this file
A single mesh object will be created instead.
The OBJ group information will be captured in Maya sets

Normally, when importing multiple objects, they are importet into maya so that every part is separate.
But in some cases I get this error message and somehow lots of selection sets are being created.

SajNT
04-12-2006, 06:28 AM
Under the File>Import options in Maya, check the Create Multiple Objects to "False", and see if it resolves the issue.

The Polygons>Seperate command allows you to seperate geometries you've combined together in an earlier application.

Hope these helps ; j

Haider of Sweden
04-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanx William för replying (very nice avatar by the way)

About the first setting - I knew it already and it is a condition to make this work. However, still sometimes - I think when objects where crossing eachothers (Not 100% sure) and after dividing and then exporting into OBJ/Maya, that error-message comes and Maya gives me a bunch of Sel Sets. It seesm like it cant really separate them correctly.

As for the other command, I know it too. Probem is that if I manually separate, the object/vtx order changes and it gives me a nasty problem when trying to reimport it into Zbrush.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 09:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.