PDA

View Full Version : XSI - zbrush

blinky
04-11-2006, 02:56 PM
got a weird little problem with a head i ve made. Its the first proper mesh i ve made in XSI so im sure thats where the problem lies as i ve never had anything like this happen when exporting an obj from max.

anyway.

when i subdivide my imported mesh the lips spring apart.. thats fine.. i get that when i subdivide in XSI and moved stuff around to compensate for it to a degree. However when i subdivide in zbrush not only does the same thing happen at the first subdiv level it then translates back down to the level 1 subdivision, which is not what i want as i will export that back into XSI etc and want it to be as i ve made it.

any idea what is going wrong?

thanks

edit:

its actually smoothing off the whole mesh, it was just the lips were the most noticeable. I ve never noticed zbrush do this before. Is there anyway of getting zbrush to not do this?

adboy
04-17-2006, 11:53 PM
can we see the mesh to get an idea of what u mean?

watteville
04-25-2006, 12:06 PM
how many polygons are you importing to XSI (and how much is the maximum)?

alonsovarela
04-25-2006, 12:19 PM
We have he ZBRush & XSI Pipeline spanish guide for free download in our Web portal www.zbrush.es

I hope are usefull 4 youˇ

:)

barbapapa
04-27-2006, 01:07 AM
when zbrush subdivides de mesh it smoothes all the levels of the mesh What you can do to correct this is store a morph target, and generate your maps from there when you need them, and export that mesh to xsi.

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2006, 01:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.