PDA

View Full Version : Stereoscopic renders

floyd1510
04-11-2006, 02:55 PM
I have to give a project output in Stereoscopic 3D. The only plugin i found for this (using 3DS max) is i-magic camera plug in. The problem is that this plugin requires you to go through video post. I need recommendations on other plugins which can create this kind of a render through 3DS Max itself.

Also how bad an idea is it to render in normal 3D and convert it in post? If possible, what all post pluging can i use

Thanks for any help,

Vikram

scrimski
04-11-2006, 03:03 PM
XidMary (http://www.habware.at/duck6.htm) does this, it renders with two cameras two different pictures into the fields of a video.

floyd1510
04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks a lot man. Shall check up the plugin. Thanks a lot.

lehthanis
04-14-2006, 01:51 AM
If you look in my portfolio you'll see I created a stereo render with no plugins...basically just two cameras. Now of course if you're talking about stereoscopic as in red/blue split or something, that I don't know...but all you have to do for regular stereo (two images side by side) is place two cameras approximately eye width apart depending on your scale. Works great for cross-eyed or relax eyed viewing.

arza
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
well...first of all u don't need plugins for that. The way that u do stereoscopic images is quite simple. Just clone the camera body 6,5cm away. this is the average distance between the center of human eyes, but it can vary depending on the viewer. Next u render these 2 images and place them in after effects. Its has a built in effect in version 6.0 calle 3d glasses...locate these images and adjust accordingly. the problem with stereoscopic images is the colour. avoid red and blue colours....

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.