PDA

View Full Version : How to use Combustion tracking?

cryptosporidium
04-10-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi ppl, i have this problem with tracking in combustion. I have never needed to make tracking in combustion before and i think i dont fully understand how to use it even when i went through tutorials. My footage shows a camera with a picture at its display facing to the viewer. Then the camera is turned 90°. What i need is to replace the picture at camera´s display for another one. I have been trying it for several hours and havent had success at all. Is this possible at all except tracking it frame by frame? Any help would be very appreciated. Unfortunatelly i couldnt upload the source video here :-/

Corrin_Wyndryder
04-12-2006, 05:40 AM
I am having a hard time visualizing what you're describing. Would it be possible to email me the footage, or perhaps discuss this over IM? PM me for my AIM, Y! or MSN name, and I can help you live.

lordbob
04-16-2006, 05:01 PM
I can't visualize what you are describing but i can tell you howto use tracking. Today i decided to have some zombies roaming around on my desk, so i filmed about a minute of zombies in hl2 moving around a green map and didnt move the player at all. Next i got some black tape and placed a few dots on my desk as tracking points, i then filmed my desk with the tracking points and imported both footages to combustion; Desk was the source layer and zombies ontop. By the way you need both footages to be aproximatly the same angle of height.

Now that i have my zombies in the top layer and all i see is green, i apply the diamond keyer operator and filer out green (if you want this step in more detail ask) applied colour suppression and matte controls to fix up edges. Now the zombies are left i click on their layer and goto the tracker tab, select the bottom layer as the source eg my desk and tell it to track 'position' proceed to clicking onto your composite view and drag it around till the red cross hair is aiming at a tracking point once done you need to make it track the movement of your main camera (I only did this because i couldnt find my tripod and my camera was moving about) so where it says 'Analyse' click > and it will start tracking the point, once its done it should automaticaly move your top layer according to its analysis of the point.

If you want to make your point disapear in the film thats also easily done and i can tell you in more depth just ask. Hope this helped.

Ben.

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2006, 05:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.