PDA

View Full Version : Male Bust - Crits Please

MrJames
04-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to model a male bust as my first piece for my modelling showreel. I'm looking for as much guidance as you guys can give... This is what I have so far, I did the base in Maya and the rest in Zbrush.... I'm still working on the modelling although I am quite happy with what I have done so far and its only my second model with ZBrush. However, I want to push this as far as I can... so there is a still a lot to refine and make better.

I have fixed a couple of things since this render but please feel free to crit away, the more the better...

Here is a render:

http://www.3d-tvu.co.uk/Attachments/head1b.png

I'll try and post wires a bit later.... If you spot anything that needs work please let me know :D

Junerahe
04-11-2006, 03:52 AM
Only thing I could say looks a tad odd is the dimples in his chin and the bump work around his eyeball that looks like a bit too much wrinkling. Beyond that its looking great. Keep it up.

mangolass
04-11-2006, 04:36 AM
Tight! I love all the wrinkles!

The proportions are pretty good too ~ but maybe the eyes and nose are a little high up on the head ~ if you slud them both down a little then the eyes could be more like halfway up like they're supposed to be.

You probably know this, there's an extra groove cutting into the head above the ears, and the inside isn't shaped like ears yet. Ears are the way God punishes 3D modellers ~ I am suffering with some ears modeling now too!

Keep it up! :arteest:

LT

MrJames
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the comments :thumbsup:

Junerahe: Yeah the chin dimples didn't seem to show up that bad in ZBrush, sometimes its easy to miss things ;) I agree with the eyes too, its so easy to overdo things sometimes with ZBrush, I'm going to smooth them out a tad and reshape the eyes a tad too...

mangolass: Thanks! Yeah I think the ears need a tad more work along with a million other things ;) I think the eyes are positioned OK, maybe it was just the angle of the last render.... :shrug:

Here are some orthos and a wire so I have nothing to hide ;) Hopefully you guys can speak up and find some more things that might need work.... Cheers :thumbsup:

Crits would be great! :D

http://www.3d-tvu.co.uk/Attachments/orthos.jpg

vampeta
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey that looks pretty awesome so far.

If you realy want some critique... hmm thatīs hard.
maybe the forhead is a bit too far behind, and i have the feel that the neck is a point too small.

But.. take my wordīs not too serious, iīm also exercising on a male head as you already know :D

Good luck my Friend i will keep watching you :beer:
Alex

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 09:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.