PDA

View Full Version : layers?

two.oh
04-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Is it just me or is PFlow really annoying when you want to move your particles to another layer. It just shows up in the layer which you created, and it can't be moved around which makes it really difficult for me to seperate them. Does anyone have any solutions?

Thanks in advance. I ran a search but couldn't come across anything.

Ls3D
04-11-2006, 08:30 PM
I do not know many Max users that use layers, many even avoid groups and work with Named Selection Sets instead of opening and closing groups or managing layers. This approach can benefit lighting techniques and scriipting as well as other workflows within Max.

Not that there is anything wrong with other approaches, but I would bail the layers.

Awesome website BTW!

-Shea

OlegB
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Box#1 (http://www.orbaz.com/products/particle-flow-tools-utilities.html) has Utility operator that helps with layering in Particle Flow.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

aaraaf
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Just for quick future reference:

If you select your particles in Particle View and transfer the selection to the viewport (Select: Assign Selection to Viewport) you can move all of that system (including it's super secret hidden) stuff onto a different layer.

I do this ALL of the time, and it works like a charm!

I'm assuming that this has something to do with how PFlow used to show ALL of its operators in the named selections dialogues, which was a little burdensome. Correct me if I'm wrong, Oleg, but this was how it was for subscription holders in 5.1 but changed for 6. I'm assuming also that many of the PFlow events are linked to/exist as a non-visible object like David Gould's Illustrate info.

CGTalk Moderation
04-26-2006, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.