PDA

View Full Version : Help with design

tozkera
12-30-2002, 04:02 AM
Hi... i made this pic, im not sure how to improve. it seems to be too blank, too empty, but i dont know, what should i add to it ??

http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/photo/Boxcar_Ghetto_graffity.jpg

tozkera
12-30-2002, 05:43 AM
since nobody replied it must be perfect huahuahu :scream:

Sundance Kid
12-30-2002, 11:26 AM
The idea is pretty good. nice colouring. good contrast on the first container. good dynamics

What I would say is that it has conflicting ideas/signals. the forground with the red container is really hard and tough, while the grass on the outskirts at the left side of the picture is nice and friendly. it makes the picture communicate opposite signals.

I would cut the left side out of the picture. slice it at the far end of the second container. I would also add some more contrast to the 2nd container, to make it tougher as well. it seems a bit soft now.

++ darken the vegetation down a bit, make it less obvious to the viewer. then the focus will stay on the red container and the picture will be real nice.

the problems the cropping, its a difficult job, to maintain the dynamics but also remove unwanted elements.

a brilliant idea. good

sk

tozkera
12-30-2002, 06:46 PM
I was trying to show something like differing from the rest, how can i say.... like a black sheep among the other, y'know.... thats way i kept the rest of the peaceful scenario, to have that contrast.

SamG86
12-31-2002, 05:27 PM
you need to add more color to the wheels (a darker black maybe) and the handles on the end of the right cart are not red, other than that it looks good

Sundance Kid
01-02-2003, 09:35 AM
I see what you mean tozkera.

problem is that since the interpretation of pictures and artwork will always be subjective to the receiver, what I felt when I saw the trees on the left side was a rainy snowless christmas, a bit sad, but yet, since its all that time of year and stuff. and i couldnt quite connect the symbols of my carrols and the graffiti on the container. I probably just didnt get the symbols like it was intended.

It would have been so much easier if everybody just would be identical. :buttrock:

still, love the concept, and the red colour you got in the picture is absolutley amazing. I have to make note of the rgb-values for later.

good stuff

sk

tozkera
01-04-2003, 11:48 AM
lol..thank ****ing god nobody is the same.

well, cant say we are that individuals but well....

thanks for the insights....but i think the date of the year really helped to misinterpret this lol
i guess theres no way an interpretation is WRONG, they are just different. too bad it didnt go the way i intended. but anyway sum guy said that it would be kewl if the thingies where the train like hold itself to the other, the handlers i think were in red too, so i done it. about making the wheels black, no can do, otherwise the wheel wont appear and thats not very nice ;)
thanks for everybody for you help, much aprrecciated REALLY :) :)

cheers!
:beer:

here comes the pic with the handlers painted in red
sorry to take long to post it, but you know..newyears, booze, women....were taking up my time lol :D

http://www.videoskazaa.kit.net/arquivos/boxcar_graffiti_122402copy.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.