PDA

View Full Version : reactor controller "unassinged" issue

ReneAlex
04-10-2006, 08:11 PM
In max 8 service pack 2, no plugins.

Have you ever got a complete character that seems works ok.. you tested, try to break it, make some up side down, sideways anim tests.. all checked right? you save it. go home.

Then... the next day, you open up your scene and all the reactor controllers... all your curves in it are unassinged. now... I cant replicate this situation... its seems to happend like those corrupt scenes back in V.5 and 6, but it is more likely to happend when you have more than 10 o 15 reactions in your rigs. does anybody have suffer this? and, besides not using the reactor controllers what its the option to get rid of this bug??

virtualmesh
04-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Try to eliminate the use of reactor controllers and only use them when you really need to automate the ease in/out effect.

I had reactor controllers all over the place - for my feet/toes and hands/fingers but soon enough, I figured out how to make the same effect using if/then/else statements within a script controller and/or the use of wire parameter with UI sliders.

ReneAlex
04-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I found in the 3dsmax forum something that seems to be the cause of the problem...

autodesk 3ds max forum (http://support.discreet.com/webboard/wbpx.dll/read?255056,270e#255056)

it seems that when you use the renderer presets or render batch feature; all the reactor controller data (and some other that I did not test) get busted.

try it out:

create an object
control any parameter via reactor manager, you may need to set at least two states,
close the manger
then bring up the render dialog and choose any render preset,
now check out your reaction manager.

thats a bug my friends... it has been told to autodesk. so maybe a 3th sevice pack will get this corrected... its very frustainting to skip great time savers because of stupids bugs in a $ 3500 piece of software... but well, 3ds max is a great tool and this is just, like people use to say around in my country; thats just another strip for the tiger. :P

be carefull and backup your animations before rendering.

PD: thanks for the advice virtualmesh.

PEN
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Wow, that is a strange series of events. Thanks for posting that here I will try to aviod using that feature.

Tak Tak
04-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Oh that's why I lost my animations few weeks a go... Good to know. I hated max because of this... Still there after SP2? Oh men... it sucks...

Aearon
04-14-2006, 08:01 AM
wow i'm glad we don't render from our rig scene's... otherwise i'm sure this would have happened to me before

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2006, 08:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.