PDA

View Full Version : Alpha channel in 3d stereoscopic renders

egemenk
04-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi,
I'm making some 3d animated icons for an interactive cd. And these icons will be anaglyph stereo for viewing with red/cyan glasses. Everything is fine with the "anaglyph stereo:compose" plugin when I use a white plane or something like that in background that has a surface opacity and effecting alpha. But when I render these icons with a transparent backgorund, the alpha channel is generated still and so the blue/red offsets can't be seen.
I tried to get two image sequences for L and R for compositing them in another software but I couldn't find a program that handles image files with an alpha channel.
Any of you guys have an idea? Thanks in advance...

Eugeny
04-12-2006, 08:20 AM
After Effects can do this. U need to make two compositions for the left and right sides and then use theese compositions in another composition with 3D glasses effect filter applied to the upper one .(Effect/Channel/3DGlasses).

egemenk
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
thanks! I'll try that as soon as I get back to work where i could find a copy of after effects.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2006, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.