PDA

View Full Version : API: heap error in VS-2006 debugging

MasterZ
04-10-2006, 09:18 AM
While using Visual Studio 2005 (Foundation 2 and it's SDK no difference), with Maya 7 API.
open one file, and they one a new file.
This simple test program will run on the command line but in the development environment a heap error occurs.

Windows has triggered a breakpoint in myprogram.exe

This maybe due to a corruption of the heap, and indicates a bug in myprogram.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

The output window may have more diagnostic information.

HEAP[myprogram.exe]: Invalid Address specified to RtlFreeHeap( 05760000, 0B206788 )

Windows has triggered a breakpoint in myprogram.exe.

I guess Iím asking what development environment do you use and suggest or is there something you can help me understand about fixing this problem of not being able to debug Maya 7 API in VS 2006.

MasterZ
04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I never did get my hands on a correct working VS 2003 (ever again), which is suppose to be the only supported environment.
It itself is no longer availible and properly supposed in the dev community, so it appears ?Autodesk? has it's work cut out for them to get compliant with VS 2005, or maybe it's just a beta VisualStudio (=microsoft) problem. (The Maya Wizards are broken, yet fixable too).

If there is a solution other then 2003, maybe a patch or something for 2005 I would love to know how/where to download it.

Otherwise I am kind stuck trying to develop for Maya 7 with VS 2005, or at least it's many times more difficult.

Is there something like Codewarrior that can debug the API?

I really don't expect any replies to this one, just terminating the thread and hoping someone in Maya knows what's wrong and is working on it for the next version.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 10:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.