PDA

View Full Version : Eden's Daughter- First Post =)

IndigoSummers
04-10-2006, 03:48 AM
Hello Everybody!

This is my first post here at CGTALK, and I am very excited to be joining the community! I am very new to computer art and this is really my first major attempt at painting an illustration using this medium. I'm using PainterIX for this image. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks! :)

http://www.erincperry.com/images/wop.jpg

jmBoekestein
04-10-2006, 02:48 PM
The colours are really strong, I'd say too strong for an eden type image. She has a nice face though.
Unless you're making Lillith, I'd tone it down overall towards more orangy tints. (That sounds odd) :)) Looking good man!

Oh yeah , and welcome! Lots of opportunities to learn on this forum. :)

IndigoSummers
04-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Thanks so much for your help! I have a hard time with colors when I'm working on the computer...I've noticed that everything tends to look less saturated on my monitor. I've tried to fix this problem, but have been unsuccessful. It really drives me nuts!

I'm really excited to be joining the forum...there are so many awesome artists here! I've been very busy with work in the last couple of days though, so I have yet to get a chance to really explore as a member!

Aloriael
04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
With adjustment layers I used selective color...
red option:
- 45 cyan
-9 magenta
+39 yellow
-48 black

neutrals:
0 cyan
-21 magenta
+10 yellow
+26 black

That layer in photoshop kinda gives that orange tint that I think jmBoekestein was talking about.

Then with those colours I made new layers and painted over the bits that were too purple, brown etc.

Sorry in advance incase if you don't like it.

werd
04-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Her right eye looks smaller/more squinty than her left one. Also her chin is just a bit too pointy. Other than that stuff, it looks realy good.

Good luck and happy painting;).

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2006, 04:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.