PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyle

Hyptosis
04-09-2006, 08:02 PM
This was some concept art I did for an upcoming game. I'm not really supposed to promote the game any, but they said I can do what I want with the art as long as they still get to use it. So I wanted to share this piece. The gargoyle should have a super long tale, but in this version I hadn't added the tale yet. It'll be added onto the model sheets though. I added a lot of gravy to this picture that wasn't need for concept art, but I really enjoyed working on it. I know he is pretty simple, but in my mind they would be REALLY athletic, fast, jump around a lot, and have deep, sharp voices. I also pictured them, if they ever do talk, being relaly sarcastic or smart ass, hence his smirk in the picture. You know how the mind goes into over drive though. =] Who knows how they'll turn out in the final production. Any feedback would rule. Thanks guys.

http://www.lorestrome.com/weekly/albums/userpics/10001/gargoylefin.jpg

BigFox
04-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I am not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for but I will give it a shot. I think it is interesting that you are designing characters for a video game without knowing important details like if they will talk or not.

Does he walk or fly? It might be helpful to see a standing pose to see how the legs really work.

I like the tattoo and the scaly looking stuff on his arms and legs.

His knees seem to be very different shapes. There are a couple of other places where your character seems to be asymmetrical. His horns for example seem to be different on each side. I would suggest making your design clear to the modeler. If you want them to be the same make them match a little better. If you want them different make them even more different so it doesn’t look like a mistake.

I hope this helps.

SylvanMist
04-10-2006, 12:38 PM
cool gargoyle! Nice job :)

Hyptosis
04-10-2006, 04:29 PM
He won't fly, he walks. And it is for a monster so I'm pretty sure he won't be speaking any. But for quests and such they might. I'm not sure and it wasn't important for the design since there will be thousands of them in the game.

The standing poses was done on the model sheets. This was just an initial "look at me" design for character.

The model sheet of course is sysmmetrical and not as fun to draw. I would never expect a modeler to work from this.

Thanks for the feedback dude. =]

Thanks everyone, have fun. =]

ThePhotographer
04-10-2006, 09:01 PM
I like it !

Hyptosis
04-11-2006, 04:55 AM
Thanks friend. =]

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2006, 04:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.