PDA

View Full Version : Another Baker Thread

JIII
04-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Out of the manual to bake textures it simply says "choose bake textures from the render menu" and then it shows a dialogue. For some reason when I do this with an object selected, all i get is a tag, which does not provide me with all the settings as it shows in the manual, so that when I bake it, it says "could not save bitmap" and does not give me the same baked texture as in the preview. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this,

Thanks,

-J3

Rich-Art
04-09-2006, 03:34 PM
If you want to bake a texture, you must select the texture tag of the object not the object.
And then choose bake texture.
Then you can set the settings in the attribmanager.
If you bake the object, than you will get a popup window to set the settings.

Peace,
Rich-Art. :thumbsup:

JIII
04-09-2006, 03:36 PM
When I do that, the option is greyed out in the render menu.

JIII
04-09-2006, 03:39 PM
When I select BOTH the object and the tag, I can get the baker tag, which gives me a preview. I was getting a full color render which I didn't want because I had too many options selcted. However, I am still getting a "can not save bitmap" error message, and my dialogue box is different than the one in the manual.

Thanks,

Rich-Art
04-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Sorry. you must select the object.. you right about that. Arrrgg..

If you bake a texture than you can set the settings in the AM.
If you bake an object, than you will get a popup window to set the settings.

Peace,

Rich-Art
04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
This is what I get in the AM.

Peace,

http://admin.cinema4d.be/richart/baking.jpg

JIII
04-09-2006, 03:46 PM
And this is what the manual shows. I have pretty much the same dialogues as you do rich-art, but for some god-awful reason it won't save :-/

Also, now I am getting a "can not allocate render space" message when I click preview. Is that a ram problem or what? I am not rendering terribly huge images so I wouldn't imagine that.

Thanks dude,

3DKiwi
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
That image is from rel 9 or earlier. The enhanced baking and bake tag came in 9.5.

In rel 9.1 you need to set up a path and filename to where you want the baked texture to go. Then press the start button.

3DKiwi

JIII
04-09-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow, am I really this dumb... I didn't think to scroll RIGHT and see the little thing where you click to save file as, apparently my AM is too skinny?

Thanks to all, got it working now,

-J3

rodney71
04-10-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm curious Rich-art what the little hierarchy icons are at the top of your Object manager window. Is that a plugin for turning visibility on and off for hierarchies? looks interesting.

GruvDOne
04-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I'm curious Rich-art what the little hierarchy icons are at the top of your Object manager window. Is that a plugin for turning visibility on and off for hierarchies? looks interesting.

I was wondering the same thing.

Rich-Art
04-10-2006, 07:07 AM
the icons are a part of the free CollieTools plugin and can be found on,

http://www.cairyn.de/C4D/content_us/frames.html

very handy..

Peace,

AkaKico
04-10-2006, 06:07 PM
the icons are a part of the free CollieTools plugin and can be found on,

http://www.cairyn.de/C4D/content_us/frames.html

very handy..

Peace,

Wow wow! What a gleat set of tools! Thanks for the linky!

Chris

Rich-Art
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Glad I could help..

Peace,

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2006, 06:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.