PDA

View Full Version : toon line around transparency?

golden14
04-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I'm having a problem, and I don't think theres a way to do this, but I figured I would post here before doing a lot of work that may be unnecessary.

I have a plane (actually, lots of them) with a transparency map to give it the shape of a leaf. I wanted to toon shade it and put a toon line around it. The problem is that the toon line dosen't follow the transparency, it follow the edges of the plane. I cant think of a way to get the toon line to follow the outline that the transparency creates, so I'm probably going to have to model the leaf shape, and then duplicate and snap all those to the original planes.

Before I go through all that work, if anybody can think of a way to get the toon line to follow the outline a transparency map creates, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

- Shay

Duncan
04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
If you don't need the line to be a fixed screenspace width, you might consider simply texture mapping the line...i.e. paint the line onto your leaf texture.

Duncan

CGTalk Moderation
04-11-2006, 12:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.