PDA

View Full Version : navigate through hard drive n UI

Lukich
04-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Hi. I'm writing a script that will grab the translate, rotate and scale channels of the animated geometry and write them out into three separate documents for every frame of the animation. The script works fine, but there's one problem I can't figure out in the UI. By default, the text file gets written out to the bin folder of Maya. In the script I can write out the absolute path and it will work, as well. Howevere, I was wondering if there's a way of creating a drop-down menu that allows you to navigate through your hard dirve until you find the proper place to save your file at (like the one you use when you try to open or save your files). I think I looked through the entire UI help section, but didn't find that option. But then again, this is my second experience with Mel and I might have missed it. Thank you,
Luka

Stucky
04-09-2006, 12:42 PM
Hey dude. Some days ago rokandic posted the code he uses when he need to navigate through folder. Here it is:

/////////////////////////////////////////
global proc string testPerformBrowser (string $path, string $fileType)
{
print($path);
return $path;
}

window;
columnLayout;
button -c ("fileBrowser \"testPerformBrowser\" \"Pick Folder\" \"\" 4");
showWindow;
//////////////////////////////////////////

All credits go for him. ;)

-S

Lukich
04-10-2006, 03:08 AM
Cool, guys! Thanks a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2006, 03:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.