PDA

View Full Version : need help /w BumpCombiner

wizzackr
04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
while i was looking around for a way to plug in bump-maps into shaders without a specific node for it i came across Francescaluce's bump-combiner (along with a BUNCH of other incredibly grand shaders - thanks a *LOT*!), which seems to be exactly what i'd need.

i installed the shader without any error messages (as far as i know...), but whenever i attach the bumpcombiner material to an object and try to render it out i get this error message:
// Error: (Mayatomr.Export) : mental ray startup failed with errors //
// Info (Mayatomr): Aborted //
i looked at other threads and think i have the connections set up as described: the bumpcombiner attached to say a polysphere, a simple lambert into the "surface-shader" slot and any number of 2D-bumpmaps. even if i put none in whatsoever and uncheck enable bump i get the same error. what am i doing wrong here?

as all the other shaders work flawlessly i am really at a loss, or maybe i'm just too tired and cannot think straight anymore :D - it does work with maya 7 though, right?

any help is greatly appreciated - and again: francesca you are incredible - thanks a bunch!

wizzackr
04-09-2006, 10:55 AM
BUGGER - i found it: I screwed up in the .rayrc, forgetting to put 'blahblah/include/' before the mi file. sorry, guys, i WAS too tired :)

and... did I say your shaders rock, yet, francesca? holy shit...

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2006, 10:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.