PDA

View Full Version : Robot Parade

Arrrgh4life
04-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Let me here what you guys think. I dont have a graphics tablet, so that kind of holds me back. I drew this image with Pencil and Paper, then traced it with the pen tool and colored it in with Photoshop. Any tips on panting with a mouse, It really looked best with Colored pencil on paper, but the scaner wouldn't pick up the colors very well.

http://x10.putfile.com/4/9714433069.jpg

_^SlayeR^_
04-08-2006, 08:33 PM
hey there.. perhaps you should stick to some pencil and paper drawings, just until you get the touch of it. coloring isn't quite easy and i wouldn't recommend doing it with a mouse.. still, if you do wish to use colors, use goold old watercolors or oils. i assure you the results will highly surpass those of the mouse.
cheers! the pencil freak.

Arrrgh4life
04-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Haha. Word up.

arnocob
04-09-2006, 09:37 AM
;)
Mouse or not mouse (i am working with it) is not really a question, until you get your good base drawing...
If you want a result in a comic style, like this
With a cleaned pencil on paper lines drawing, a good scan (300 dpi, and contrast) you can easily, for a base, use the wizard tool for ex, to colorize your differents areas...and put the drawing base layer on top, on transparence with clean black lines.
But maybe you already know that.
I think you could work on a more dynamic compo. The robot is maybe too central, for exemple...and the two horizontal lines are a bit boring...
My crits sounds very hard, and i hope you 'll not be to dissapointed..
Observe some old posters of 50's robots movies, there are a lot of ideas in that you could keep in mind for your work.
Bye

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2006, 09:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.