PDA

View Full Version : 3dsmax 8 Connect tool Slide and UV's

rv-el
04-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi, i am using Max 8 and I have been using the Connect tool to add loops for animations on finalized characters. I like to use the slide so i can move the loop closer to another loop, but it does not move the UV's respectivly. Is there a way i can get this to do so? Is there an addon that can help this? I've been moving the UV's by hand (not cool) and i missed a couple and am paying for it now - after i've already RTT'd maps etc..

thank you

robinb
04-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Use Preserve UVs when you slide the loop. There's a toggle in the editable poly command panel. It doesn't always work, I've often found that an occasional uv will zoom off somewhere weird and you'll have to move it back, but mostly it does the trick.

urgaffel
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Another way to do it is to increase the number of loops until you get one loop where you want it and then you just select the rest of the loops and ctrl+backspace to get rid of the ones you don't want.

That way you don't have to use slide and you don't have to worry about preserve UVs working or not.

robinb
04-08-2006, 02:06 PM
Yep, I would have done it that way in older versions of max.

If you've got something like Polyboost, there's a Swiftloop tool that puts the loop exactly where you click on an edge. No sliding required. Very handy.

rv-el
04-09-2006, 12:54 AM
Wow great!

Robin B : i knew about that tool, but did not think it would work in conjunction with the connect tool... thanks!

Actually i do have polyboost, i should check that feature out.

urgaffel: Cool work around. i could see cranking up the loops, then doing quick loop selects on the ones you dont want - in max 8 you hit CTRL+ REMOVE to quickly move all the unwanted ones + their verts. I assume that ctrl+backspace your talking about is the shortcut for that. thanks man

CGTalk Moderation
04-09-2006, 12:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.