PDA

View Full Version : 3D animation and interactivity

sc_3007
04-07-2006, 10:11 PM
I have recently been learning how to do 3d rendering and animation. I am re-building from my website and I have an idea for something I would like to implement but I am unsure about how. I want to make a 3d model, and allow user interaction with it on my site, use it like a navigation system. Have It clickable and then rotate on mouse event. I am fully familiar with Photoshop, flash, HTML, javascript, java, PHP. I am doing a computing degree so am fairly computer literate but I am fairly new when It comes to graphics. I have thought of using flash to animate the 3d models but flash only supports 2D graphics. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

GutenBar
04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
You can try one option from the four below:

1- To use VRML - (a) Optimize your geometry, to map your objects with JPG and GIF, and put the links to another page or to another scene or to another place on the same scene. You can also animate objects, automatically (placing events) or interactively, and cameras. (b) So export it to a VRML. The main 3D softwares has the VRMLs plugins to do the work, and export the scene writing the code. The bad point is the final users of your site must to have a VRML plugin (like the Cosmo Player - approx. 3MB).

2- Use a program (like the Discreet Plasma) to export a 3D animation to the SWF format. Optimize it in the Flash and use it to your purpose.

3- Do the pass 1(a) so export to W3D format and import the scene into Macromedia Director. There you can create from an interactive 3D SWF up to a complex 3D game to web. You must to know the Lingo language and the Lingo or Java Script syntax. The final users must to have the SWF plugin (isn't the same plugin of the Flash but can be downloaded the same way).

4- Use Java. I don't know this way, but I saw pages with 3D visualization from a Java applet and companies selling this solution.

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2006, 09:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.