PDA

View Full Version : Animating a walk cycle along a path in maya

mattrose85
04-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi guys, here's my problem. For my assignment I have to make a character walk into a room and pick up an object. I have animated the walk cycle in maya which I'm more or less happy with, my only problem is making my character walk along a path into the room and to the table. The character is poly-based and is rigidly bound to its skeleton.
The way I thought to do it was to draw a curve on the ground, and then attach the skeleton to the curve using the "attach to motion path" command in maya. When I do this though, maya complains that the skeleton already has an input connection. Is this the right way to do it?
The only other way I can think to do this is to keyframe the whole walk to the table which could take a very long time, and I have to do this by monday.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

OneSharpMarble
04-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Well I never use cycles for a scene but if you want to try it out go for it.

You should attach the main mover to the the path, this is the control that moves the entire body that should have no keys on it yet because you just have a cycle so far. Usually it is the control that is down at the feet.

Normally I would have keyed the entire walk in and then the action. Usually cycles are only used for games.

Hope this helps.

CGTalk Moderation
04-08-2006, 01:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.