PDA

View Full Version : A Portarait of Falconry

Shiki
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Here's something I've been working on for several weeks now in Photoshop 6 on and off. I've always loved birds of prey, and the relationship between the handler and bird in the sport of falconry has always intrigued me. I've attached the compilation of the progression of this image and then the result of what I currently have done. Let me know what you guys think and what else could be done to finish off the image if it doesn't look completely finished to you.~Angela

Runecaster
04-07-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm curious why you decided to go grayscale - I thought the colored composition was a good palette.

Shiki
04-08-2006, 02:30 AM
Well, it's more of a bluish monochrome look. I decided on that because the colors didn't seem to blend well and were contrasting too much for me. So, I tried a monochrome look. It's a good palette to use if you want to cover stark differences in color scheme, or some small mistakes.

jmBoekestein
04-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey very good stuff, nice proportions and I certainly like the topic! :)

Hmm, maybe you could go for a non realistic vcolourscheme, sort of add on top of the blue one?

Goo d going so far, I hope you'll crisp her up a bit more, and the hawk too :)

:thumbsup:

Shiki
04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Added in some hilights to the hawk and the girl's face, hair and hand. I think I'm done working on this one, but as always I come here for a second opinion.:) I've attached the full image, low-res version, and two close ups. Let me know how I'm doing.~Angela

cuddlesmcsavage
04-30-2006, 04:28 AM
the depth is great, and you've got great texture throughout. im not sure what it is, but something isn't right with the face, it seems a bit flat. maybe the lack of ear is throwing me off....i dunno...

CGTalk Moderation
04-30-2006, 04:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.