PDA

View Full Version : matchmove?

phantomdeer
12-29-2002, 06:40 AM
Hello there all. I was wondering if it is possible if there is any way to use the tracking system in combustion to export out a camera move to maya? or is this only a matchmover software application? just looking for some way of incorporating the live action camera move with cg elements.
thanks a bunch,
phantomdeer

arvid
12-29-2002, 04:34 PM
combustion can track points but not have them converted to 3D data AFAIK. But you can check out the free Icarus 3D tracking software

Icarus (http://aig.cs.man.ac.uk/icarus)

Milo FX
01-01-2003, 09:31 PM
First of all happy new year to everyone...
Second I dont know which version of Maya do you use but version 4 and following versions has got an internal 3d tracking module that is similair to Realviz Matchmover.
So if you use one of that versions, you dont need another 3d tracking software...

danylyon
01-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Milo FX
Second I dont know which version of Maya do you use but version 4 and following versions has got an internal 3d tracking module that is similair to Realviz Matchmover.

It's only in Maya Unlimited.. It's called Maya Live btw.

phantomdeer
01-09-2003, 07:02 PM
thanks a bundle guys. no need to run out and join the bandwagon when its already sitting in my computer.
thanks.
:eek: :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.