PDA

View Full Version : timePort problem

NateH
04-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I am making a UI for animation and want to make a timeslider in it but it seems I cant make a timeControl timeslider and timePort lacks keyticks...

does anyone know how to get keyticks/keyframes(same thing) to show up in the timeline for the selected object?

there have been a couple others with the same problem and it's never been solved as far as I can tell.

Thanks in advance

Robert Bateman
04-07-2006, 05:40 PM
nope, there can only be timeslider or timecontrol available in maya, so no you can't create another one. I have tried deleteing the timeControl, then creating a new one but that just does not work.

NateH
04-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Is it possible to parent the existing one to a new window?

Robert Bateman
04-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Is it possible to parent the existing one to a new window?

That was my initial thought, i had a look, but can't seem to be able to do that. You might be able to move the component around in the UIComponents, but thats not really what you are after. It's annoying because you can set the timeSlider to display keys from other channel box controls, but i can't see any way to move the timeSlider into another window...

NateH
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
bummer, it's a real shame that we cant create a new timeslider. makes a windowed animation UI kinda useless. seeing as theres no way to see keys or move/scale them without the dopesheet/graph editor.

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.