PDA

View Full Version : Setting render width/height

steverage
04-07-2006, 02:22 PM
I need to change the width/height of a render using MEL, but I cant find the command to do this. Ive tried turning on echo all commands and changing the values manually but the only lines that appear are:

editMenuUpdate MayaWindow|mainEditMenu;
changeMayaSoftwareAspectLockWidth;
updateMayaSoftwareTargetFilePreview;
updateMayaSoftwareResolution

can anyone point me in the right direction...?

Stucky
04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Hi dude. The command is render and the flags are -x and -y

For more information about this command go to

http://localhost:4449/Maya7.0/en_US/RenderingUtilities/rendererspecificflagsforthecommandlinerenderer.html#wp998733

this is part of Maya Help. Greets...

-S

steverage
04-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Nice one cheers :)

Robert Bateman
04-07-2006, 05:01 PM
the renderglobals exist as a node within maya, there is also defaultRenderQuality, and defaultResolution. You can simply use setAttr to set it's values....

setAttr "defaultResolution.width" 1024;
setAttr "defaultResolution.height" 768;

Stucky
04-07-2006, 05:04 PM
perhaps he wants to render without maya opened Robert. Dunno...

-S

Robert Bateman
04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
I need to change the width/height of a render using MEL

i assumed therefore that he was after a way to do it when maya was open. fyi, maya is always open when you render (unless you use prman). the command line exe, render, is pretty much identical to maya -mayabatch, however the latter allows a bit more control since the mel script you provide can do a few more funky things. The render command does of course also provide you with the option to run mel scripts before or after your render

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2006, 05:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.