PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial for "Stair drawing with perspective"

sekopasa
04-06-2006, 05:15 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8184/merdiven6pp.gif

I wish the Drawing is self explaning. This is a simple perspective drawing for stairs. The red lines are can be dimensioned. The blue lines are for depth, and blue red and yelow lines create the masses of stairs. After you draw the height lines of every step (pinks), you connect them with the vanishin point. You find the temporary vanishing point by connecting the diagonals of mass boxes (green ones). As we find our temporary v.p. then you should connect first step with the temporary vanishing point cause every corner of the steps line up through our t.v.p. (green again). Than we connect the pink lines with our main V.P. and get the brown lines. At the end we draw our lines where brown and green lines intersects. The dark green lines are used for the slab thickness of upper part.

You can add rails to your stair by using the temporary vanishing points. and dont draw unnecessary lines it confusess too much. As you can notice there is no slab thickness can be seen lower part. You cant see the right side of upper stair so only left brown lines are drawn.

sekopasa
04-06-2006, 05:27 PM
http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/2884/merdiven25yc.gifThis one is simpler, you just use your vanishing point and decide the box of your stair. Then you can divide your box in to half by using the diagonals and quarter and so.

sekopasa
04-06-2006, 05:49 PM
And you can make your divisions like this.

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7995/persp9qn.gif

Bohemiantoe
04-07-2006, 01:38 AM
I have always had trouble drawing staircases and now one of them looms in my face for someone who needs filler art. I will try those tutorials!!! Thanks :-)

Gord-MacDonald
04-07-2006, 02:58 AM
thanks for sharing

Gord

sekopasa
04-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Im happy if these helped you, i will come back with another little gif showing how to draw circles in perspective.

ThePhotographer
04-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, thanks for sharing !

I wonder if you shouldn't get this one moved to the Art Techniques and Theories forum ?

sekopasa
04-08-2006, 07:53 AM
It is no problem if any moderator wants to take it into arts techniuqe section. I opened this thread here because generaly tuts are here and more people can benefit this here.

sekopasa
04-08-2006, 08:01 AM
[Wrong thread]

Taltos
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
i like the tuts, but i would very much appreciate if the gifs would pause longer at each step, one sec or so is definitely too little to really understand what's going on, i'd like 3 or more. the files don't get bigger, do they?
additionally, the big one is too big for my monitor, so i had to scroll, but i think in this case that was kinda unavoidable. :sad:

CyborgJA
04-08-2006, 01:19 PM
wow, thank you ! Great tutorial !

sekopasa
04-10-2006, 07:13 AM
It feels realy good when someone says that you helped them.

And i will try to send first one as seperate files tonight.

thanks everyone replying.

keight
04-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Thank you very much for these. Proper perspective has always caused me problems.

CGTalk Moderation
04-10-2006, 03:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.