PDA

View Full Version : Green screening

avisionofdesign
12-28-2002, 08:43 PM
What would be the best way to eliminate green screens from video. Im using Color Keying but seems to take away from other objects in the video aswell. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Ian Jones
12-29-2002, 12:08 AM
Well, you should've had better original footage, without any extra green areas in your subject. They way you'll have to do it now is by manually masking the areas which shouldn't be getting keyed.

mikeboers
12-29-2002, 03:39 AM
Now now Ian... let's not be so harsh...

All may not be lost yet, as there are a few more refined ways of chroma keying then just pulling out a single 'Colour Key.'

You can place you key on your layer, and increase the tolerence until part of your subject begins to disapear, then back it up a bit. You can then pull out another keyer to pull out some more of the background... You can continue this process with as many keyers as you need.

To achieve the same effect as above you could puschase a plugin that does this for you... ex) 'Primatte Keyer' by Pinacle Systems (http://www.puffindesigns.com/)

If your still having some issues with certain problem areas of the footage, you can always duplicate the layer and isolate the problem area, and attack it independantly of the rest of the footage. You can do this as many times as nessisary.

If all else fails, you can also rotoscope part of the footage... using the same technique as above... isolate the problem section and rotoscope it independant of the rest of the footage.

...or you could take a LOT more time to set up one's lighting so that a perfect key can be pulled within seconds... :)

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

p.s. I'm kinda curious as to the extent of the troubles your are having, and would very much like to see a full resolution still of the footage... maybe I could point out some more tips that may be scene specific....

fig
12-29-2002, 05:22 AM
you might check out DVmatte (http://www.dvgarage.com/market/product/product.php?prod=dvmatte) and the related composite toolkit...

chris

AftuhFxMastuh
01-08-2003, 04:00 AM
Ultimatte... dont got a link. :buttrock:

tweaker
01-23-2003, 02:19 PM
www.ultimatte.com

It can do anything you want, even when you'r blue/green or what ever color you use (accept WHITE) screen really SUCKS.

Check it out!

TWEAKER
Sparks Production Studio
www.sparksnetherlands.com

tchook
01-23-2003, 03:36 PM
primate is good and very easy to use
ultimate is a bit more complicated

you can also degrain your background-
visit
http://www.visinf.com/
you will have a better green or blue screen

after keying
remove green/blue spill with the spill suppresor plug

try the matte wizard serie (pinnacle)
you can erode/blur your mask with those

here are some tips
remember that you may have not the perfect key in the first place
try to do a wide key----->to recover the finesse of the shape
and a sharp one ----> to have a solid alpha

roto the things that are not keyable
try the inner outer key plug for extra finesse

mix the technics

the subject is very wide
there is no miracle in keying, only hard work

hope that help

Aldalorn
01-23-2003, 05:20 PM
Okay okay.

Now, i want to know how can you do a rotoscoping with Commotion ?? Can you teach me it ? :beer: :bounce: :eek: :surprised :applause: :airguitar :buttrock:

maarci chhoook

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.