PDA

View Full Version : particle flow bipeds

strangerthings
04-06-2006, 01:44 PM
Hi - I have a particle flow of animted bipeds being generated and going through three find targets.

they are facing the correct direction

The problem I am having is tying to get them to stay in the same Y plane. At the moment they are floating up and down...

Any idea greatfully recieved

strangerthings
04-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Anyone... I just need to kepe the particles on a single plane?

Ls3D
04-07-2006, 07:47 PM
Hey Stranger, it is hard to say - especially without seeing your PFlow schematic. There are position constraints, align to surface settings and what not, but I've never seen anyone spit out bipeds so you are in uncharted waters. What about using crowd delegates, etc..

-Shea

strangerthings
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi - thanks for replying...

this is the file...

http://www.prowl.co.uk/posts/7_1test2.max

I there is a dummy object in place of the bipeds... you can turn these on instead but these kill my machine. I need more memory I think! I just turn them on for rendering. but you can see the problem with the cones.

Align to surface - not used that ... but sound about right!?

Not had any experience with crowd delegates and could not get it to work for me. The problem is I am approaching a deadline with alarming speed!!

Ls3D
04-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Well after matching the plugins and Walk.bip file I was able to discovery what looks like the cure (http://www.ls3d.com/FTP/PFlow-TargetsSurface.jpg).

-Shea

strangerthings
04-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Cool. Thanks. works a treat. Sorry about the bip and the .dll - complete pain in the neck they are sometimes!

What are the vertical icons on the side of your viewport?

I have added to the karma and answered some other peoples questions!

Ls3D
04-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Hey cool, I thought that would get you going.

What are the vertical icons on the side of your viewport?

Those are my custom toolbar favorites! My dual screen splits right at the border of the viewport and that toolbar. You can see I go for the darker type environment.

Kick Gas, -S

strangerthings
04-09-2006, 11:25 AM
re - the dark environment. I much prefer that and when max 8 finally arrived I set mine to the dark ame-dark.ui....

then tried to adjust the grid view by intensity to bring them down and it inexplicably switched back to the light environement colours but keeping the dark buttons!

Ls3D
04-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah you have to save your all settings and make them the startup settings.

-S

strangerthings
04-09-2006, 11:38 PM
What I mean is I can't even set it now - just stays the standard grey.

Cheers for the particle thing too.. have played around and got exactly what I was after.

BrandonD
04-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Why not just use Crowd? You can do the same thing as Find Target with a Seek behavior.

strangerthings
04-18-2006, 03:37 PM
I was avoiding crowd as I can't seem to make it up that learning curve at the moment as I am wearing mental rollerskates.

Typically it does not actually matter now as the client has ditched that section of the project and gone a differnt way...

thanks anyway... but who knew you could do crowd bipeds with partcle flow! And it does work really quite well.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2006, 03:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.