PDA

View Full Version : The prayer

cabotinecco
04-06-2006, 10:11 AM
I couldn't see anything,But I could hear...

"Father,please forgive my crime.
You lead the right way in early morning for me, you are my beacon light in the darkness.
Although i don't know either the light of color or the description of brightness.But father,please grant peace and warmth to my heart.
Perhaps I will die,but I am not lonely,my little child who never coming into the world, just before me to enter the heaven first...
I am bleeding...the pain will be short...
Father,please forgive my crime,please forgive the child."

This painting just started, I hoped could smoothly complete it. Also hoped each makes the precious suggestions for it.Thank u all! :〉

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/6/10/cabotinecco,2006040618952.jpg

cabotinecco
04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
I don't feel quite comfortable about the pose of my hands, will further adujst it.
I feel that when depicting details I don't have good control about the overall idea or the integrity of the work. Maybe that is the weakness in my drawing.

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/7/5/cabotinecco,2006040794532.jpg

Lamster
04-07-2006, 03:12 AM
Hello,

While I feel that your paintwork is very good, I feel that the pose your character is in is rather stiff. The prayer that you posted to go with the piece is a fairly intense piece, so I kind of expected to see the same intensity of emotion reflected in the character's body position and facial expressions.

I feel that your character could use a facial expression that shows more concentration and sadness, with the head bowed a bit and the back slightly bent. The hands could be angled slightly too, instead of them being vertical as they are.

However, there seems to be more to the story that your character is involved in, where she is obviously the subject of some violence or that she has suicidal notions. But no matter how, I feel that a slightly more pleading look would enhance the picture overall.

Hope this helps a bit,

Terence

werd
04-07-2006, 03:26 AM
I didnt realy understand the prayer at the beginning, maybe you could elaborate a little better at what her situation is? I dunno but id say you have the overall idea layed out quite well, its the details you need to refine. Although that would be easier to say if i knew a bit more of her situation.

Theres already lots of emotion in her face, but her hands need a little repositioning to match that feeling. Maybe a little closer to her face or chest, or lowered a bit. I disagree that you should make her bow her head more, the way it is gives her a more distant look like she is about to kill herself and is slightly crazed. She looks like she is lost all hope and has no reason to live, a pleading pose would make it look more like she is begging for her life(again knowing the full story would help critisize this area).

I hope this helps you, it is already far better than I could do:). Happy painting.

cabotinecco
04-07-2006, 06:32 AM
Some people are pursuing me, but I have been exhausted.
They are seeking me everywhere ,want to hold me, then sell me off.

I feel hurt, I am bleeding... ...
At present, I could see the heaven...my child just died , the trimester of pregnancy, the child never coming into the world...If he could be born,must be lovable, like his father ...

thank u for all suggestions! I amend the post of hands and facial expression.:>

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/7/8/cabotinecco,20060407143141.jpg

Lamster
04-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Oh definitely much more alive now. There is a look of vulnerability that shines through. The suicidal, blank look however, is gone.

In your first picture, I thought that she was looking at the grey thing in the left corner that resembled a gravestone. I thought that she was kneeling before a gravestone. However, now that the picture is clearer, the gravestone is gone, band she is looking at nothing.

I'm not sure if making her look upward or downward might be a good idea, but perhaps you should try and explore and see if you like it.

Terence

Mu
04-07-2006, 08:16 AM
Oh heck!

I was really enchanted while the blood was under control. The pose needed a little correction, but mainly at the folding hands, imo.

Yea, but, if you really feel the blood should be all over the place it is a better pose, really.
It's just that the painting was so beautiful from the start that I was sure you could have conveyed any amount of emotion without a single spot of blood.

Anyway great work and I am...

*subscribes*

...subscribed

werd
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Ooooohhh, so she ISN'T suicidal. Ok then, yes a little tilting of the head might be good. The eyebrows and the chin show realy good emotion. The chin is in that sort of pouty way that people have when crying, I realy like that. Very nice so far:thumbsup:.

cabotinecco
04-11-2006, 06:59 AM
go on~~~

very thank all your suggestions!!:>:thumbsup: You all the best!
http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/11/8/cabotinecco,20060411145649.jpg

Lamster
04-11-2006, 09:13 AM
Hello,

I really love the skin and hair! It's starting to shape up very nicely. Now one thing I notice is that her hands look a bit too large. It would be nice if you made her hands up to her palms a little bit shorter. Right now, if I were to take her hands and place it next to her head, they would be the size of her head. If the hands up to the palms were the size of her face, I think it'd be just nice :)

Lovely painting :)

Terence

edit: oops I just noticed that actually her hands are about the right size, it's the area at the base of the palms that seems to make them look longer.

werd
04-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Its coming along nicely, the details are looking realy good. I think the reason the hands look a little long is because the wrist is quite long. I dunno tho, my wrists kinda do that same thing in that pose. good job so far:arteest:.

tfwoods3
04-11-2006, 09:07 PM
That's really looking good, keep going!

cabotinecco
04-12-2006, 08:51 AM
I painted the half of this picture over~:)

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/12/9/cabotinecco,20060412164441.jpg

lauranonce
04-12-2006, 09:48 AM
I really love the light... also the expression

keep it up!

cabotinecco
04-13-2006, 07:56 AM
keep up!:)

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/13/8/cabotinecco,20060413155619.jpg

hunz
04-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Nice picture. Wan't to se more! :bounce:

Maybe adding a bird stoped on the tree near her facing down may add more "melancholia" to the scene..

Hugs.

Lamster
04-13-2006, 02:54 PM
Good work! One thing is I actually prefer her mouth when her teeth weren't showing, looked more like she was saying the prayer.

Terence

cabotinecco
04-17-2006, 07:05 AM
going on~~~I change some color~~

http://images.blogcn.com/2006/4/17/8/cabotinecco,2006041715042.jpg

werd
04-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh man, this is looking realy nice. The girl is so pretty yet so sad, I love it:thumbsup:

slickgreekgeo
04-25-2006, 10:15 AM
This is impressive as hell, no critiques, just looking forward to more progress :)

cuddlesmcsavage
04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
i love the colour palette you've used here, and the composition and pose etc are excellent. despite the obvious tightening of detail etc the only other thing i notice is that the water in the background appears to be on a slope...is this water? i'm not sure. if it isn't then scratch my last! looking forward to your final piece!

cuddlesmcsavage
04-30-2006, 02:23 AM
the level of detail is great, i like where you've taken this. however, i think her left on eye seems a droopy/lazy, especially compared to her right one. also the water still doesn't seem to be level, so the eye is thrown off just a tad. i'm also not sure if i like the layer of "no light" that you have around her silhouette. although im not sure how it would work if it was filled in....obviously you decide! keep it coming!

matt0917
05-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Keep it up!

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 02:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.