PDA

View Full Version : IK gone bad on me

DrAdamDinosaur
04-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I have a foot setup that goes: IK leg, heel bone with IK, toe bone with IK. Each IK handle is parented to a controller and it worked perfectly. Worked that is. Now when I pull the main foot controller the heel joint stays behind and stretches the IK. I have attached a picture for a more clearer example (sorry its such bad quality). Can anyone let me know why this has happened, and a possible way to rectify it. I have tried redoing the IK setup but still get the same result. Really need to figure this one out.

Thanks

MikeRhone
04-06-2006, 10:08 AM
This is a problem that I think is too hard to solve visually. Can you post the .ma?

isoparmB
04-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Just some guesses, either the bone is point constrained to something, or you have the inherits transform attribute turned off for that joint (unlikely), or you're getting a weird reaction because you may have put rotation limits on your joints. From your photo it seems your joint is sticking to worldspace for some reason.

Other possible guesses would be you didn't turn on snap enable and stickiness for your foot IK.

How'd you set up your joints and IK?

gcorum
04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
selection mask / select component type / miscellaneous in this section you can adjust rotate setup how do you want. select skeloton first then make xyz pivots setup. all the rotate pivots of skletonts must be look same way...

DrAdamDinosaur
04-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Sorry, unfortunately I can't post the .ma file as its for a project I'm surrently working on and I know the company won't give permission. At the moment I'm just going to go back to a previous version of the file and get back to where I was. Kind sucks that I don't have time to investigate this problem fully but, well, time constraints and all.

Thanks for the suggestions but none fiel seems as it should be, just not working like it should.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2006, 12:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.